Monday 28 April 2008

Unwanted..

How many times in life have we really come across elements that we felt were never useful?
How many times did we feel that we were in an unwanted situations?
How many times did we feel that we did unwanted things?
How many times did we come across any such similar situations? Probably some were associated with situations, some with circumstances, some with things and mostly with humans.

On an average, in a day, I usually come across many such situations. If it were not relating to non living things around me, it would be with living things. I consider myself as different genre of a tree / herbs / shrubs. Most of the times, the so called unwanted things that I come across are most wanted for the person living in it. It then falls under my territory to decide if I want to be a part in it or not to be in it.

While I am waiting for my cab to pick me up, I see people loafing around on the street. I feel like why cant that person do something productive out of his life. And than I think again and say to myself "may be the person is doing something that probably I am not aware of."
While in the cab, some of my colleagues pass some stupid comments on traffic. I feel it is unwanted, But I think again, and that's when I realize that the person is actually venting out frustration.
While I am sitting at my desk and working diligently, I see some elements doing nothing and yet complaining when work is thrown at them. That is when I realize that I better not think too much about such irrelevant and non important things and carry on with my work.

One thing I have learnt being amidst all these unwanted situations is the fact that things have dual nature. What is important to me, might not be the same to the other person. What I see as the most wanted aspect of my life is definitely the unwanted aspect for someone else. It is this thought that keeps me driving for the next day and it does everyday.

It all depends on how we look at things and how we react to them. Unwanted or wanted, one thing that is common in both is the term "want" and that's what matters at the end.

No comments: