Monday 28 April 2008

Journey through dreams.........Part 1

Imagination, a thing we always are accustomed to. A thing, that lets us be in a world, that is so unrealistic to everyone around us, even us included. It not only lets us create undoable things, but also lets you to connect to a realm of childishness, innocence, humility, smile, as well as vengeance and every possible thing that you can dream of.

Sometimes, the imagination forms a story, to be told and talked about. What I am going to write now, is one such. It might not be the best one, but it sure is a story...

Breeze as pleasant it could possibly be, brought a relaxing feeling in me. I decided to walk on the roof of my house. It was 11pm. On that night, sky was gleaming with stars. Some shining bright, some very dim lit. Some stars shone together in certain patter, not sure why. But we humans, tend to call them as constellations. It was as though best buddies among stars were sitting together and having an evening chat.

My friends always said that stars were innumerable. They were uncountable. Mank Kind would probably end up by counting the number of stars, we will never be able to reach stars etc etc. I did think about what light years are, and how awesome a journey it would be to travel at that pace. considering I was imagining, anything was possible. I began smiling looking at those stars, told myself, "Let me count as many stars as I can.."

Nights passed followed by weeks. On one night, I managed to count 34 stars (it was the night I began counting the stars), the other night I managed to count up to 80 stars. I always wanted to beat myself in everything I did or will do. Hence counting stars became a habit and as nights passed and months rolled out into years, I was now able to count as many as 1200 stars. Its been 14 years now. I still am amazed at the stars as much as I was 14 years ago.

Dreaming a dream that I have always wanted to dream, was still a dream. Sometimes, it is in being alone that one finds the best solace. I found my solace during the time I spent counting stars. It was still incomplete.

To be continued...

No comments: