Monday 28 April 2008

Control: But why?

I had a very interesting conversation with a good friend of mine last week. We were having different opinions of how we were trying to control our thinking and life. We somehow had a vast difference in the way we thought and we decided it was good not to end up arguing on it. However, as my bad habbit goes, I tend to think a lot. So, back home, I was thinking as to what benifits can reall controlling give to a human.

I was thinking of some of my friends who had achieved a lot in early age. Some were still struggling. Some were still trying to realise where to go. But, in general, everyone felt positive about themself to a degree to which they felt they had control of their life. On the contrary, those who were struggling, felt negative about thmselves to the degree to which they felt they dint have enough control or were probably controlled by external forces of other people around them. I was, I am, and I guess, I will continue to be surprised by this great contradiction.

I did happen to speak to a friend of mine on this. He told 'When I sense that I have enough control on what is happening around me which involves me, I have more personal power'. Ever since he told me these words, they seem to have begun a new process in my mind. There have been times when i felt I was controlled by people, parents, my colleagues, my managers. I felt so out of control. There was negative energy all around me, anxious most of the time, felt restless, felt I was unable to cope up with the fast changing world around me.

For the fast changing things around me that brought the unknown side in me which was not required, i have something to say.. "Its time to change!!!!"

No comments: