Monday 28 April 2008

My Dream..

While I am writing on my next article on my blog, I get a call from an unknown number. I love the ringtone I have assigned for any calls I get> So I take a while to pick the call. After10 seconds, I pick the call. The voice on the other side is very intriguing. It reminded me of the voice of narration in the movie "No country for old men". Similar voice, A voice that had so much of depth in it. A deep understanding of worldly things and beyond anyone else's thinking was reflecting in that voice.

"I know you probably would not have expected the call at this time of the day." I was saying to myself. "oh yes, it is 3am".
The man continued talking. "There is something that you need to know and do certain things."
I replied "What are you talking about and Do I know you?"
"No. Probably you will. Sooner."
"What is it that you are referring to?"
"You need to go to this place for knowing the answers for the questions that you have at the moment and answers for many more things."
'I think this is a joke. I am not interested in this conversation."
"Make a note of this address" told the man on the line to me.
Realizing that he indeed was serious about it, I make a note of it.
"Leave and arrive there as soon as possible". There was silence for a moment. I replied "But.." Interrupting me, the man said " See you there!"

With a lot of hesitancy and sarcasm in my mind, I begin to think. Many questions started to pounce at me. It was as though a pandora's box was opened. Why did I get the call? Who was that guy? What did he mean I need to know and do certain things? What am I supposed to know? Why should I go to this address? Will I be meeting this guy? many more adding to the woe.

The more I thought, the more I became curious. I thought it was a passing moment. But something in me was telling me that I was supposed to take on this journey. I guess we all call this as our gut feeling. Because, it is the gut feeling that gives us directions when the mind is overloaded with too much of thinking process and thoughts. Take for an example of we not doing certain things, which if we did, could have proven lethal for our very being. Hence, in order that I was listening to the correct inner voice, I made a decision.

Two hours later, I was sitting in the train. It took me a research of 15 minutes online to find the directions to go to the place, whose address was given to me by the anonymous caller. Almost every site told me that there was no flight to the place. I had to travel 6 hours in train followed by a health wrecking journey of 8 hours in the bus.

I managed to get myself a ticket, bored myself into the train, struggled past the initial huddle of luggage of a couple. I pity the husband as well as the wife. Walked past few compartments. Some had kids jumping, some were filled with old people, talking about their good old days. Considering my anxious moments of the journey, I decided to find myself a place that was secluded, which would give me enough time and silence that would let me hear my inner voices. As the train started moving, my heart started thumping harder and faster and there was some kind of panic in me. Something was telling me to get off the train and run back to my normal life. I said "Satan, get lost. I am not heeding to your advice." I smiled.

After a while into the journey, I saw the trees dancing to the tune of the wind. Animals resting in the sound music made by the branches and leaves, which never had a chance to rest due to relentless wind.

Thoughts. They came back again. "Is this really necessary? Should I do it? Why was I asked to do this? Did the guy call other people in the same way? Was someone trying to kill me? " Than I realized, and told to myself, may be it is a quest that I was avoiding for a long time. May be..

After I reached the place, I got off the train. Walked to the care taker of the railway station and showed him the piece of paper. Gesturing him, I asked him where the place was and how far it is. He was surprised and wanted to say something to me. Somehow, he managed to suppress it. He told me I had to take a bus and travel almost 8 hours and it was not going to be an easy journey as the road was too terrible. Heeding to his suggestion, I walked out of the station, walked past few shops, and entered a huge open space. Few buses were parked. I managed to find a bus that went to the place on the paper.

The journey was too far from better. For 8 hours, though I was on a machine, I felt I was sitting in a cart. What could have taken 3 hours journey in urban area, took 8 hours in this down trodden rural area. After 4 hours of travelling, the bus started its path on a hill. Until then I had no faint idea that I was going to a hill station. I was now happy. I just started taking pictures from my camera. The views were fabulous. I just wanted to capture as much as I could. After almost 8 hours and 20 minutes, I reached the place.

Walking past few buildings, I saw a huge gate. I was tempted to know what was in that. It had a marvelous design. just then, I saw an old man. He was sitting at few blocks away from the huge gate. I walked to him and asked him, "Good afternoon sir, I have been asked to come to this place by an anonymous caller. Not sure if what I say makes sense, but this is the address I was asked to find. Can you please help me with that?"

Without even looking at it, the old man said, "My child, you might want to take rest for some time, enjoy the stupendous beauty of this hill station, have nice dinner and than search for the place in the morning, tomorrow."

I was reluctant with his answers and was taken aback. I told to myself, "what a loser he is." and slowly started to walk past the man. But to my surprise, he called me back, and asked "I think the address is of some importance to you. Let me have a look at it. But why are you here?'

Without saying a word, I passed the piece of paper to him. His eyes went wide open, he had the same expression as the care taker of the railway station. I was excited that something really unexpected was in store for me, at the same time I was worried as well. I was not prepared yet. The old man gave the paper back. He looked at me, and said, "You were wondering what was in that gate, dint you? Why do not you have a look by going inside?"

I was astonished that he had read my thoughts. I walked past the gate, and found nothing inside. It was a plain ground, and it was the same as far as my sight could reach. No thing, not even one. I came back out of the gate, told the same to the man. he said "Child, sometimes things do not appear as they really are. You need to listen to your inner voice and see in a way that you normally look at things."

I said "Ok. I will try again. But this time when I come back, you need to tel me where that address is." He nodded his head.

Holding my breath, I walked into the gate. To my surprise, I saw a tree at a long distance. I was afraid. Came out running, told the same to the old man. He said "It is a sign. Follow it. Do not give up. Here is where my help to you ends."

I felt apple in my throat. I was like "what the hell just happened?"......... I went back in, and started walking towards the tree. It was at a long distance. I was walking for almost 30 minutes. I was thirsty and hungry and tired. I wanted to rest. But, as the old man had told, i did not give up. I walked, walked and walked until I reached the tree.

There was a note, that was sculptured on the trunk of the huge tree. It said:
" Here is the starting point of your journey and this is where it was destined to being, You will face many challenges. How you view at them is your view. End result will always favor you."

I was confused, surprised, hearth thumping, I could hear it. Blood circulating at a much higher pace. No directions to go, no other things to see. I remembered the old man saying "sometimes things do not appear as they really are.. " I closed my eyes for few seconds and thought myself of buildings. I opened my eyes. I was stunned. Breath taking. I had buildings all around me. Malls, skyscrapers, many more to view. It was as though I was in an imaginary world which would make me see things that I wanted to see. But something was still missing.

I started walking. It was scary to see the place with no people in.it. I finally saw a grocery mall. There was a man. I walked into it, and I told him about what had happened all the while. He did not respond. He continued to do what he was probably good at. flipping the currency notes and counting them like a machine.

I was beginning to wonder and think as to how I can make him talk to me. I asked him, "Sir, do you think what I said you makes any sense to you or to someone els?" He looked at me as though the answer was in me. I did not know what to do. It is then that something told me to turn to my right and look into the store. I was shocked. I saw the person whom I love the most in the world and there she was in the mall just few yards right to me. just when I began to think what this meant, something rang. A huge sound. familiar sound. It started going louder and louder....

I opened my eyes. It was 1040 am. My cellphone was ringing. Same ringtone, unknown caller..........

2 comments:

Naveed said...

Alright.. you have me here. This is a wonderful read. To be very true to you, I never expected something like this from you. Very well done. Keep things this way. At times you really do not know what you are good at unless you close your eyes and think for just that 'one moment'. Good job.

Georgina Coelho said...

Very good read... I must say! I had goose bumps at the end of it... lol...