Monday 28 April 2008

Expectations: Great deal of Gamble

"Why do you expect so much from your friends? Dont you think that this will just ruin your relation with one and all? I hope you have foreseen what expecting a lot from others can bring you. For everything there is a limit, and I believe that this is for expecting from others as well."

Dont you ponder much over it. This aint a dialogue from a movie or a famous quote from a novel. This is what I have been seeing happening to various people in real life, and so many strings are attached to this, its merely impossible to cut this one out. Many have tried it, many have faced it, many have been trying to over come it. Some have over come it, and some have given up hopes of overcoming it. Question remains the same. Why would someone expect so much?

I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. A lot of time has been spent in analysing the causes that leed to such a situation in anyone's life. Why take anyone else's life, take my own. I tried to think of various such incidents due to which I have lost gem of friends from my life. Some of them who can never return. I thought I was not touched by the curse of expecting a lot. But now, it seems to have returned. I am losing one such friend again.

Usually, for anyone, to expect a lot from someone, atleast one of the following should (or rather say, might) play a role;
1. The preson is the one whom he/she loves a lot. This would lead to expecting the other person to always be there. A lot of expectations build up. If the other person fails to live upto the mark, tendencies for the relation to break are much easier.
2. A very good friend whom you count a lot on. This would also result in circumstances as mentioned above.,
3. High career hopes, true value for the amount of work you do, a reward for being honest, or for delivering results as and when required and various other reasons which when listed, thousands of blogs would not be enough. I am sure you would agree with this.

In general, its the necessary hope that one has, that he or she needs to be wanted, the way they want to be wanted. If this were to happen everytime, there would be no concept of expecting. If there were no concept of expecting, there would be no struggle for giving out the best. As I said earlier, This comes up with lot many strings attached, it has become very intertwined.

Time has finally arrived. I have analysed various possible causes. Its good to be wanted, but its worse to be wanted that all the time. I guess, its better to maintain a low profile in expecting, rather than getting disappointed by expecting a lot.
"Satisfy the person who expects from you rather than surprising the person who never expected anything from you."

No comments: