Monday 23 November 2009

When I saw Her - Part 3

Instead of looking at her and find out who she was, I saw the steps that lead upwards and saw people walking and I was the last one to get up. This time, I noticed that she had worn cotton trousers, a trendy but contemporary T shirt with those girly sneakers. I said, "Yes, its time to go up there."

Just as I began looking at her, I flashed. I saw Rocky and Sunaina, and they said, "We heard it the first time you said." I wonder why they said that.

We noticed that we had to climb around 400-500 steps to reach up there. We began climbing one by one. Just as I was thinking about the flashes, Sunaina popped a question to me.

"So Mithun, when are you planning on getting married?"

Of all questions available to the mankind, this was the last I expected to be asked in a forest. I was short of words.

Rocky continued where Sunaina left and asked, "Yeah Mithun, when are you planning on getting married?"

Without a second thought, I replied, "Let me figure out whats happening with me and I will think of getting married later."

Sunaina instantly asked, "Figure out what? Mithun dont you think that you have been single for a long time now? May be you should consider of settling down."

Rocky interrupted her, and I guess for the first time after they were married, he did a good thing. He said, "Baby, leave it upto him to decide. He should be comfortable. He is trying to figure out something, let him do that."

I said to myself, "Yes indeed. I am trying to figure out what these flashes are, who is that girl and off all, why am I seeing them now?"

I replied to them, "Look guys, I know what I am doing. Being single has its advantages. I am happy being single. I can live this way and no regrets whatsoever. For now, lets climb up there shall we?"

And I continued climbing the steps. This time, I was more passionate, as if something had charged me up. May be a thought of the the next flash showing me who she was. I was excited. More excited than Sunaina when she went through the great fall. Both of them were asking me to relax and climb slowly. but I ignored them.

As I approached the top, I heard various sounds. It was as though the place was inhabited by people. For a sudden moment I thought I was flashing again, I paused, Looked back, I saw both of them climbing. I knew I was not flashing. I continued walking.

I reached the top. What I saw there, struck me by surprise. Something that I did not expect in a place where we were. I stood and looked in awe. I saw a huge, I mean a real huge mansion on my left side. It was covered by huge trees. A huge gate. It was more like a palace than a mansion. It was on my left. I walked past it and was even surprised to see what stood in front of me. I saw a huge waterfall. This time, i was standing at the bottom of the waterfall. there were shops next to it. A bangle store, a fish market, some clothes, some jewelry. There were some small restaurants, some juice centers. There was a wine store too.

Just as I saw these things, I was in awe. I turned back to see if Sunaina and Rocky had come up. They had. They were shocked to see all these. I looked at them and noticed their jaws had dropped in surprise. I turned back to look at the shops and few people that were there. I flashed.

I was holding the camera and clicking the pictures of various people around me. Sometimes singles, sometimes couples, sometimes people in group. I was literally a camera man. Before every picture was taken, I would say something that would make them smile. Sometimes I said "Let me see how dirty your teeth were" and sometimes I said "Show them, show those worms in your mouth". They would instantly smile. Sometimes I said "You are looking so hot, let the picture melt" and sometimes I said "Trust me, you are really cool. I am freezing right now." One after the other, pictures were being taken. I realized I had the camera in my hand that was my own. But something was missing. She. I was unable to find her. My eyes began wandering amidst the crowd. I was just unable to find her. As my usual habit of capturing moments to cherish and remember people such that I would never forget, I went and posed few pictures with the shopkeepers. With almost all of them, I took pictures. Sometimes it was the guy who sold fruits, and sometimes it was the woman in the flower shop. I posed it with almost all of them. Moments are made to be cherished and there I was, capturing them forever. Just as I began looking at the pictures that were taken, I blinked and I saw the same shopkeepers looking at me and smiling at me. It was as if they knew me. Rocky and Sunaina was busy shopping. Women, they seem to shop everything they can see and and are ready and filled with energy the moment they see something shining. Ah the women.

I walked to Rocky and finally dared to ask the question, "Hey Rocky, have we come to this place before?"

With perplexed face, he replied, "Not even in my dreams. Dude, is everything alright with you? I have been noticing you. Ever since we began walking on the bridge till now, you have been acting weird."

I replied, "Nothing to be worried about. Its just that this place seems very familiar. I somehow am able to relate to this place. These shops, that mansion, the bridge, that wonderful waterfall we saw down there, the people here. Something is not adding up. I sense that I have been here, but I am pretty sure that I was not here."

Rocky replied,"Dude, I know you and I am pretty sure that this is another prank of yours to sound spooky. I am not cooperating with you on this one. Before Sunaina shouts at me, let me get to her."

I just looked at him and wondered what marriage had done to him. Ignoring his remarks and continuing with my activities, I decided to go meet some shopkeeper and talk to them.

I needed to drink water badly but before that I had to wash myself. I walked towards the tap near by, turned it on and began washing my face arms and legs. Finally, the mud that lay on me was gone. I was free from it. I felt energized. Truly, there is something in water. Perhaps, I guess, there is life in it.

With a feeling of being fresh, with too many thoughts meaning the same, with one thought, to figure out what this place was, I decided to meet some shop keepers. As I approached the shop with groceries to get myself a bottle of water, the shopkeeper walked out of the shop. He middle aged man, around 5 feet 6 inch tall, dark complexion. He wore blue jeans that was a local made, I guess. On it, he wore a white shirt, with sandals covering his foot. He had several bracelets in this right hand and left had had a watch that was of shining gold. I wonder if it was real gold. His face was lit with joy as if he was meeting his very dear friend or someone who had treated his specially.

He walked to me and said, “Mithun sir, you have come back so soon. Looks like you missed this place a lot.”

To be continued..

No comments: