Tuesday 3 November 2009

Tuesday - 03Nov09 - I am happy!

Tuesday. An interesting day.

When I woke up in the morning, for a reason unknown to me, I had a huge smile on my face. I walked to the wash basin, washed up my face and looked into the mirror. I was still smiling. I thought it was a great start for the day.

On the way to work, cab picked me on time, reached office on time, met some old friends online. I even spoke to a very good friend of mine after several months. We exchanged latest happenings of our lives. It was pleasing to know that he was doing great in US. He went through a lot of tough times. I am really happy for him. I told him about things happening at my end. He was happy for it too. Somehow, the day was filled with happiness, not the fake one but it was filled with genuine happiness.

Last night, I spoke to my friend, and told her everything that had happened for the last month, especially about how truly, madly and deeply I was in love. She was happy. Somehow, for a very long time, happiness eluded me. But now, looks like it is hovering around me now. She was genuinely happy with how my life now was. When I look back in time, I do realize that it is now that I am happy, so much so that I have never been this happy before. May be because I am completely content with what is happening around me, for me, with me, by me and things that I have with me in my life. It just makes me smile.

For a long time, I have been unemotional. Nothing really moved me as a person. May be because I had willingly shut that side down. For a long time, I was glad I did. Lately, that side is opening up. Perhaps, love really humbles a being. It somehow has a strength to humble a person and yet manage to glorify the same. I once read that if you sleep with an itchy anus, you are bound to wake up with smelly fingers. As that might seem, when I woke up today, I realized that it is how I sleep that determines how I wake up. The thoughts that I feed before I fall asleep are the thoughts that drive me when I wake up.

Today, has been one of the happiest days I have had in a long time.

No comments: