Thursday 5 November 2009

What is greater than Energy?

It is said that energy can neither be created nor be destroyed. It can just be transformed from one form to the other. Now that is a wonderful thing indeed. A thought provoking one.

Ever since I read about that in my school, I always wondered. Is energy the only thing that can neither be created nor be destroyed? Or, is there something out there that is similar to energy? Back then, life in school was all about Kinetic Energy, Potential energy, forms of energy and what not. But there was one thought that constantly kept striking in my mind. Is there something out there that is something like energy or perhaps something beyond it.

This thought, over the years faded away. Got busy with college, followed by graduation. I then got busy with work and corporate life. It so happened the events of life kept me busy from my very thoughts that made me ponder over few basic things of life. However, this had to change. Almost always, those thoughts that get imbibed in us during our childhood almost always bounce back when you least expect them to.

It had been several months since I read any books before I went to sleep. I usually read a book or some article before I fall asleep. This I do to fine tune my thinking ability. Old habits die hard. So I continued reading my latest mind diverting book, Becoming a person of Influence. I am not reading because I want to be a person of influence, I think that as a concept is over rated in itself. I am reading this book because I am intrigued as to why this is one of the best sellers.

As minute as thoughts can possibly be, they cause an impact strong enough to cause ripples in the waters of the mind. A similar thought caused a ripple in the waters of my mind that were still for a long time. Just as I was reading the book, the thought came back in my mind, After almost 15 years. I wondered why. I asked myself the same question, Is energy the only thing that can neither be created nor be destroyed? Or, is there something out there that is similar to energy? As I tried to find the answer to this, no matter as hard as I thought, I just could not figure it out. So with a very pondering mind, I fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the vegetable seller in the morning. It was around 0800 hrs. Somehow I managed to curl back into a quick nap for few more hours. Two hours later I woke up, with sleep filled eyes, I managed to wake myself up. Checked my ipod to see the face of the one I love the most. Smiled. I went out to get the newspaper. It was lying right infront of the door. Took it and found that the weather was very cold, cloudy, and it was drizzling. I stepped out of the house, Stepped out of the compound. Felt the rain drops falling on me, slowly yet steadily. With newspaper in my hand, and rain drops falling on me, I looked up to the skies. Grey was the color for it were the clouds that filled it up. I closed my eyes as felt the cold breeze crash on my face, felt the cold water droplets. The first thought that came to my mind was her. And just as I thought that, I got the answer for my question.

Is energy the only thing that can neither be created nor be destroyed? Or, is there something out there that is similar to energy? Well yes, there is, it is Love. Love can neither be created nor be destroyed but it can definitely be transformed from one form to the other. Love makes all things happen including the very presence of energy. There I was, standing and closing my eyes with this thought in my mind. I opened my eyes and felt the cold droplets falling on me and this time, I had a smile on my face. I had a smile on my face for I finally found the answer for a question that lasted over a decade and a half.

And thus began another great day filled with happiness and joy.

No comments: