Monday 30 November 2009

Distance

Most of the times we underestimate the power of what distance can accomplish. We are blinded by the fear that distance usually narrows things down and often disrupts thinking. Somehow, the phrase out of sight out of mind does not hold good for me for I have realized the importance of distance.

Two ways open up whenever there is distance between two beings. Either they distance them so much that they never get back or they yearn for togetherness, so much so that when they meet up, they bond stronger than before. Few of my best friends are in other countries, but somehow, we became more close when they were far. I guess the greater the distance grew, we longed for the friendship and we tried to hold on to it. IN the event, we became nourishing the bond, which grew from strengths to strengths. In addition to that, with the advent of internet, no one is really that far, I guess, web 2.0 is indeed a boon.

While that was my friendship, something similar has happened with regards to love in my life. I guess, friendship and love play a very vital role in everyone's being. May be she and I are several thousands of miles apart, but somehow, she stays very near to me. Every time speak to her and realize that she is not alright, the urge to dissolve the distance grows exponentially. The more days that get spent without seeing her, the more deeper the need to meet. The more days spent without talking, the stronger the need. Most importantly, life is as though she is right here, no, I am not hallucinating, but the feeling never gets old.

With distance, in my case, life has just begun. Tonight, I really felt like being there, for tonight, I have begun worrying all the more.

No comments: