Monday 23 November 2009

When I saw Her - Part 2

As I was looking at the river, Sunaina and Rocky joined me. We saw a bridge, a build bridge, an unused one. It led to the other side. But we could not see the other side as few huge rocks covered the sight, followed by few dense trees. we were certain that the bridge led to the other side. The question we had at that time was whether to start walking to the other side or wait for a while, freshen up and move to other side. We three looked at each other, looked at the bridge. Neither of us knew what was on the other side. We looked at each other again, looked that bridge again. This time, we looked at the bridge for little longer.

Rocky said, "Guys.. I think.."

Sunaina interrupted him, "Shut up Rocky, I think we should.."

I interrupted her and said, "I think we should stop thinking, stop looking at the bridge and just go cross onto the other side." I looked at them, they both looked at me, and looked at the bridge again. A fear may be.

I said, "Lets go.."

Both of them, in an unplanned chorus shouted "Other side it is !!!"

I said, "Fucking couple.."

We put our backpacks on and began walking towards the bridge. As we walked, there was some known feeling. As if I was at this place before. I ignored it.

We began walking on the bridge. As I took my first step, something in me was beginning to try and tell me something. I began seeing flashes. As if something here was very dear to me. Something, Some unknown thing to me. I walked few yards on the bridge. I looked at my feet. White socked turned brown due to the great fall, red shoes with mud on it. Shorts with mud and a wrist band on my right hand that was equally dirty. I walked a few yards, and I saw at my feet again. Something flashed at me again. This time, everything was clean. White socks, red shoes, blue wrist band, I was in my Jeans. No backpack. I closed my eyes and opened it again, I saw Rocky and Sunaina. Back to the dirty attire. I began wondering what just happened.

I said, "Guys are you noticing something weird here?"

Both of them, again in a couple chorus, said "What now Mithun?"

I said, "Uhmm nothing unique but just that it feels as if I have come here before."

Sunaina with her ignoring gesture said, "Its always weird with you. Actually you are entirely weird, in every possible manner."

Rocky interrupted her and said "Baby leave him alone. He is weird indeed. Look, walk carefully This bridge is weird like Mithun too" and both of them began laughing. I just wonder whats with the joke and why they both laugh like that. The couple chorus, even in laughter?

Ignoring them, while they continued walking, I was looking at the water. The flow of water, gushing in full speed. Just as I looked at the water, I had another flash. This time around, I saw many people walking in front of me. It was like an outing. I would say that there were atleast 30 of them. Boys and girls. It was more like a trip from office. I looked at the crowd. Girls were laughing, some were scared to walk on the bridge, some were walking anyways. Some were in arms of their beloved, probably by now they were with some other beloved. They were walking, This time I was the last one and all were quite ahead. I looked at them, blinked my eyes and say Sunaina and Rocky. Something was not right with the place. Or, something was not right with me.

As I continued to walk on the bridge, I began observing the bridge, the river, the huge rocks and the dense trees. The river appeared to be almost half a mile in its width. Pretty huge river. As we walked, I noticed the huge rock. It split the river in the middle. The bridge passed right beside the rock, in a curvy fashion turning towards our right. I noticed that the right turn was towards the east as the sun would set in few hours on my left. As we took the curvy right turn on the bridge, we noticed something spectacular. As we took the right turn, the bridge gave way to a breathtaking wonderful sight on the left. A huge water fall, the cause for the great gushing sound. We were almost 200 meters into the bridge. The water fall was almost 150 feet deep. We could see almost the entire forest from where we stood. As I saw the view, I again flashed. I blinked and saw all those girls, guys, couples again. This time I was with someone, She was holding my right wrist, tightly. I looked at the view and we both, in the couple chorus said "What a wonderful view."

Just as I said those words and turned to my right to see who she was, I blinked and I saw Rocky and Sunaina, smiling, holding each other, looking at the view, they replied, "Yes Mithun, it indeed is wonderful view."

I was surprised that I had actually uttered the words. What the hell was this place. What are the flashes that I am seeing. Something is seriously wrong with this place or something is seriously wrong as I am unable to remember anything.

We continued walking, After few hundred more meters we entered the dense trees. The bridge continued into the trees. We could still hear the gushing sound. What really surprised me was the fact that few huge dense trees were right before the huge waterfall, standing tall, as dense as they could possibly be. We began walking amidst the trees. The sunlight began growing dimmer and dimmer. Water continued flowing underneath us. It was as though we were walking in a cave, with some echoing sound at a little distance away from us. And just few tens of meters away we began seeing light again. All three of us were very happy. We began walking briskly. As we reached the end of the bridge, we noticed that it did not lead to an open ground, but instead lead to steps. Rocky steps. We looked at each other and wondered what it was. By now, the water flow beneath the bridge was not that great. Something was totally weird about this place.

I said, "Guys, you have a choice, Climb those steps and find out whats up there, or go back. I have decided to find out what is up there. You decide. Now."

They both had a worried face. Just as i expected, it followed the worried silence. The couple chorus. "Lets go and find out."

We got out of the bridge, stepped onto the first step, Sat on the second one for a while, relaxed for few moments. I was the first one to get up. I said, "Its time to go up there."

Just as I said that, I flashed again. This time around, I heard her say this. The one who held my wrist while we saw the amazing sight at the waterfall. She said, "Its time to go up there."

To be continued..

No comments: