Monday 23 November 2009

When I saw Her - Part 1

There are several things in a dream that you would expect to see and very few that you would not want to see. The few things that you do not want to see, when seen, often makes us feel that we just had a nightmare. Well, in my case, I am not really sure what I saw. I am still wondering whether it was a dream or if it was a nightmare. There was a smile on my face when I woke up and yet I was not completely content.

Lately, I have not been having adequate sleep. Let alone that, I have not been having any kind of soothing sleep at all. Perhaps this is what happens when anxiousness creeps in and restlessness overpowers you. So there I was, trying to sleep, forcing myself to close my eyes and trying to dream. Not really sure how long it took me to fall asleep but when I did, I saw myself walking in a forest.

With lush green leaves all around me, the pure oxygen that I inhaled made me feel fresh all through the walk. I looked around to see if I was alone or if someone was there with me, I saw two of them. A girl and a guy. Had never seen them before. Sudden reaction was to try and figure out who they were and most importantly, where we were. As I was sweating, I reached the pocket in my shorts to fetch the hand kerchief. I felt a paper in the pocket. Took it out and read. It turned out to be a letter to the forest department that I had written, which in turn was approved. In it I saw the names of the two who were with me. Sunaina, Rocky, Mithun. I began wondering who these two were. For a moment I thought if I was dreaming, But I knew I was not, They were walking behind me, I was leading them and we were walking in the jungle. A stick in each of our right hand, trying to move the branches of the 5-6 feet bushes. The greenness of the leaves around us made the forest a breathtaking place to be in. I could hear birds chirping, crickets making their weird yet soothing sound. I must say, in the forest, the crickets can both be creepy and cute to hear.

So as we walked, I asked,

"So Rocky, what are the plans now. I am starving. Dont know where we are going. So start speaking.."

Rocky replied, "Are you kidding me?"

I replied, "Excuse me?"

Sunaina interrupted, "Mithun, you definitely ought to be kidding me. Dint you tell us that you knew the path to the water falls ? The same one that you did some research online before we stepped in here?"

I gulped, wondering what I was about to say. Firstly I was not sure why I was in the forest, now she says that I promised them to take them to a waterfall. What in the world was happening? While a part of me was telling me that everything that was happening around me was not supposed to, something in me told me to continue going. To lighten the mood, I said,

"Aah you guys will never learn how to be humorous. I was kidding. I was checking if you guys are still excited to go there or if you both were tired."

Sunaina punched me on my back and said "You and your stupid pranks!"

I laughed and kept moving. Just as we moving, Rocky said, "Dude, trust me, I am going to punch you someday for sure."

I replied, "I am tired of people saying that man, No one does. So many have told me that they hate me and they want to kill me, but no one does.." I looked at him and smiled.

Rocky replied, "Once a bugger always a bugger"

I chuckled.

With that, I began thinking of how the hell am I supposed to guide these two to a place that I myself was not sure of. I had no idea where the waterfall was or how to get there. But I knew one thing. This is something that I had to do, go there. Push these two off it. I smiled.

While we continued walking, we saw several birds, some snakes too. We saw flowers that were really colorful and were so pleasing to eyes. Just we were seeing one of the beautiful big flower, we saw a small bird flying over to the flower and sitting on it. Within few seconds of that, the flower trapped the bird. Sunaina screamed with shock. I was stunned. Insectivorous plants. Always heard of them. Had never seen them.

"Survival instinct. Thats an insectivorous plant. For its survival, it eats other organisms to get its nutrients that is not in the soil around it. Lets keep moving."

We conitnued walking. For quite few moments that followed, all three of us were thinking of what we saw. Just as we continued walking, we heard a huge gushing sound of the water. We knew instantly that we reached the waterfall. In excitement, we hurried. Steps became faster, time began flying, hearts began thumping. We were so excited, we did not see what was there ahead. Sunaina was so excited, two boys could not control one girl. Girls Well, I wonder if they can even control themselves for that matter.

She began running towards the sound and just as she ran, few yards ahead of me, she slipped with a thud, began rolling down like a crazy ball thrown into a slope. Rocky and I were so stunned, we had not anticipated the fall, let alone the fall, we had not anticipated the fall of a girl. Both of us jumped the slope to save her. There we were. One girl was the reason for the fall of two guys. That instantly put Eve to shame for she had only Adam fall for her. I was so furious, I began screaming while we rolled down the slope.

"Sunaina, trust me, when I get you, I am going to get you back up there and push you down this slope as hard as I possibly can, You dumb woman!!"

Rocky screamed, "Dude fuck you. Forget about the prank, think of saving her."

I said, "Oh you bet, I am going to save her, and I am going to get the shit out of her. Dumb moron Sunaina Mittal." I was shocked that I instantly remembered her last name.

All this while, like a screwed up siren of a factory, Sunaina kept on screaming "Help ! Help ! Help !"

Luckily, for us, the slope ended up on a plain, few hundred feet from the river. Sunaina rolled out like a ball and hit the plain ground with a foot tall grass, wet grass actually. She was covered with mud. Following her great landing, Rocky and I, equally covered with mud hit the wet grass. I gathered my legs and stood up and began walking towards Sunaina, with almost an anger to go hit her. I hurried with fast steps and she tried to step backwards slowly, scared, completely scared of me. Rocky came running towards me, to stop me from what was about to happen, He help m right arm and tried to stop me. I got off him, with a serious tone I said,

"Rocky, just wait. Just wait., Dont interrupt me. Just dont, This dumb moron, you just wait."

I walked to her, took a heavy breath, in a stepping back action, as if I was going to slap her real hard, too my right hand semi circle away from me and was about to hit her. She closed her eyes. I held her left arm and asked,

"Are you alright Sunaina?"

Surprise was on Rocky and Sunaina's face. What a sight that was. Sunaina was confused and so was Rocky.

"You both thought I would shout and hit you right? Well, there is no fun in doing something that expect me to. With me, expect the unexpected." I smiled.

They both stared a glance and each other, the one in which both would not know what to do. I instantly knew what was about to happen next. Both of them began beating me up. Things that I end up doing for myself.

We sat there, laughing at what just happened. Rested for few minutes. The sky was clear. As blue as it could possibly be. Birds flew over us, and water was flowing next to us. There is something fascinating about the gushing water in a river. The moment I see such a scene, happiness fills me. The water does not stay at one place. Keeps moving. From one terrain to the other, forgetting about the previous terrain it was in. Associating that to my life, I realize that I should keep moving ahead regardless of how the past has been. The water hits so many rocks, gets shattered, but once the rocks are passed, the water gathers back up, and continues flowing as if nothing ever happened. I again realize that same things happen in life as well. Tough situations come, we get shattered, but if we move on from then on, we gather ourself and continue flowing like the water in the river. Gushing water in the river, always makes me happy.

To be continued..

No comments: