Wednesday 13 January 2010

I still am patient, and will continue to be..

During exams in my childhood days, I used to have a problem. I always wrote at a great speed. However, my mind generated answer at a faster pace than what I wrote. If I was supposed to write "The scenery is so serene that no matter how long you stay, you will be calm and never will you panic", I would end up writing it as "the scenery is so serene that no you will panic". I used to strike it and begin writing all over again. This usually occurred every time I was anxious or under pressure or some sort of restlessness. But imagine how it is when one is anxious, under pressure and restless at the same time? Now that is precisely what I am going through.

The last seventy two hours have been the slowest, with every minute increasing my heart rate. No matter how much I try to divert my mind, or try to calm myself down, somehow, like a wave, I get pulled back to the shore or restlessness. For long I have walked on this shore, with waves of anxiousness ebbing my feet.

Sometimes, all that you need is right in front of you and yet, there is nothing that you could really do. Sometimes, you would have done everything and anything that is follow would be totally dependent on the other person and therefore, time stands still at your end. Right now, that is how things are at my end.

Though there might be several tempests that rise within me, though there might be shattering storms that rattle my soul in me, I will still continue to be patient, maintain calm on the surface.

No comments: