Sunday 19 July 2009

Trip to Mangalore - Part 2

So it was around 11pm, I was sitting on bed and surfing the channels in the tiny tv in the room that I had hired for two days. Whilst I was changing the channels., my mind began taking me into different places. It was like a feeling of being in more than one place in a single time. As the minutes began to pass, and the rain moved on from mere drizzles to heavy showers, and as the temperature of the place began going down the mercury line, I was being crowded in the world where my thoughts were the living beings. Too many things had happened in one day. Love, happiness, joy, fun dissapointment, name it. I had experienced it all. Although, I will not write about the sadness in here for this post, I will surely write on how the next day unfolded.

As decided, I was to go to Naveera's home for a lovely lunch. Here is the thing. It is not very common a thing, atleast for the last decade, which by the way, now is not a big thing anyways. You will know what I am talking about. So as decided, I was to vist her home for lunch. I have a very terrible habbit of not visiting someone for lunch at their home and not take anything. I was not sure what her parents would like or for that matter what they do not. Without complicating my mind in order to get something, I headed to Nilgiris, and got some fruits (wet as well as dry fruits). As much tiredness was trying to overpower me, mainly the fatigue of travelling and the sleepless night due to various things, I managed to stay lively.

As I entered her home, her sister Raveena greeted me in, followed by her Mom. Lovely home, big, spacious, had a lot of positive energy that made me feel the positive vibes as I entered the home. As I found out it was not their own house, I realised the cost of rent for such a mansion looking for so less that a similar one in Bangalore would be almost 5 times to what they were paying.I was stunned. The balcony had a view of a huge garden like space, and a feeling of a jungle. The green made the leaves of the trees look lush green. Greenery at its real green essence. When I saw the trees, I was very happy, it was jungle calling for me i guess.

UNcle came aftera while and we began talking,. Apparently they were in Bangalore for 8 years. So him and I started talking about how Bangalore was, like 8-10 years ago. We both kinda got along really well. We had too many topics to discuss. I did not realize it was 1430, a time that was already too late to have lunch, but for me, I was just getting started. I am a person who loves food, and if it is meat, I love it all the more. No offence to vegetarians here, but animals/birds are there for a reason too! Aunt had cooked Chicken curry, Chicken Biriyani, soup, rotti. It was indeed a delicious lunch. No complaints whatsoever. I was really hungry when I began lunch and afterI finished, was hungry no more. I was full.

We had vanilla ice cream after the lunch, I was even more happier. We sat there, watching a cartoon, waiting for the rain to stop showing its magic. This was the first instance of me going to a coastal place and not hitting the beach. The moment it stopped raining, we decided to step out of the house and head for the beach. This made me happy. IN 20 minutes, we reaced a place called as "Sultan Batteri".. I was told that the journey to reach the beach is really good, never anticipated it to be this good.

After travelling in the auto for about 20 minutes, we reached the banks of a river, I dont know the name, but it sure is a river. No doubt on that one. We had to take a ferry, cross the river and go to the other side to reach the beach. Just as we sat in the ferry, it began raining. I must say, the scene was really eye pleasing. We sitting in the ferry, clouds showering the water droplets, the view of the river waves creating uncountable ripples due to the rain water was really amazing. I loved it. The blowing breeze just added to the pleasure. The roars of the sea waves hitting the shore were so loud, we could actually hear them while we were sitting in the ferry..

Rs. 3/- for one way travel, so its Rs. 6/- person to go to the beach and come back. Around 100 trips with a minimum of 30 people in one trip. That is Rs. 18000/- per day.. For a moment, I felt I was better off being a ferry owner !! That is how much they make in a day and it increases in the actual season. They appeared to be happy in what they do and were getting paid good as well. I told my friend, "You know something, I miss this life in Bangalore."

We reached the shore and got off the ferry and began to walk towards the shore. As I walked, the happiness in me began multiplying. Beaches, for some unknown reason to me, bring pleasure in me and fill me with joy. I get completely refreshed when I hit a beach. All my tensons, all my worries, all the pain and the sadness just disappear when I see the waves hittting the shore, As much dreadful as the waves are, when they hit the shore, they seem to low down on energy. Similar to the problems. As much dreadful the problems appear to be, they always mellow down over a time when they meet the person who has a solution for them.

We had to walk a while to reach the shore and this walk was what made the path to the shore all the more divine. We had to walk through huge trees, a small path that was formed due to people walking for a long time. The moment I saw this, I smiled, Again, due to the train, the leaves were so green, the sea almost lost its beauty because of the lovely large trees. The more we reaced nearer the shore, the more louder was the sound of the waves. The more louder the sound of waves became, the more happier I grew. The moment we came out of the belt of trees, the wind hit my face and I knew, this was the time I replenish my energy levels. Ah the ocean.. I love thee..

Long stretch of the lovely large trees by the shore made the beach look really good and it being less inhabitated by people made it even more a pleasurable sight. Three of us decided to take a walk. Walk along the beach ! For an hour we were walking. Never really felt like an hour had passed by. Seeing the birds get back to their nest made me feel that no matter how much we focus on career, life, luxury, at the end of the day, we always need our loved ones, to give that essence for our survival. As we walked, we also noticed that a huge shipo had sunk in few hundred meters from the shore. It only made me realize that a man can never be as strong as nature is. The waves were hitting the 98% sunk ship with the might they always do. The resulting sound was similar to the thrill the roar of a lion is. Just as we walked further, we saw another ship that was sunk, but this was much more clearly visible. Same thoughts, came along this time as well.

We decided to head back as it was getting dark. While we were waiting for the ferry come pick us up, I again said "I miss this life of simplicity in Bangalore. Living with nature, being in its arms, and not living in the concrete jungle makes me really happy. Here I do not have to worry about internet, downloads, facebook, colleagues, my job that is so challenging.. Life here is so technology free, I just am very happy.. But alas! I have to go back, to ensure these little pleasures are valued all the more for in missing something we know the actual value of it." Although my bus back to Bangalore was at 2215, we had much more time to spend, so we decided to go to Coffee Day.

We came to the same mall where we were the previous evening. As we sat in the coffee day, we began discussing about the good old school days and all those hot topics of the school. Honestly, no matter how many times you talk about school days, you never get to drain the fun element. Every time you talk, you find out something new. No other phase of one's life has this much amount of fun element. I am just glad I had such a phenomenal childhood and school days. We laughed at so many pranks that there played in school. It was really fun cherishing those days. Alright alright, I know I am repeating the same thing over and over again.

For a moment, I wished the time had just stopped and we continued talking all the more, but we all had to move on. Bidding adieu to the lovely ladies, I headed back to my room at the lodge. Little did I know what the night had in store for me..

..To be continued in Part 3..

No comments: