Friday 17 July 2009

Trip to Mangalore - Part 1

Mixed emotions is what I am going through right now. Sometimes I think it is good if we do not plan anything and let life take it's course. Just sometimes..

A trip to Mangalore happened in just a discussion over a call. She asked me to come and i said yes. That is how I ended u spending my previous weekend. At Mangalore, and it was never short of a roller coaster ride, time loved swiftly and made me go through so many things. Hence, as
mentioned earlier, I am going through mixed emotions. As I write this, all the events that occurred in last 48 hours are just flashing in my eyes, and for once, I am not resenting any of them. As I write, I realize that the events have taught me immense lessons.

Having taken leave on Friday and on Monday, I had ensured to have adequate time for the long weekend that I had planned. I am glad I planned it, and in a while you will know why..

Somehow, no matter how much you plan and prepare, when it's time for you to either go board the bus or reach a railway station or airport, panic shows up. Thisjis something I have been wondering about. It was same with me. On Friday I had to attend. Wedding of my very dear and good Friend from school. After that, same back home, watched a movie, slept for an hour. Went out to get some DVD's that the lady wanted. Came back and watched two episodes of prison break final season, it was ok. I guess somehow time slipped away. Finally I got the bus and there I was, on my journey to Mangalore, by bus.

Took us almost 9 hours, in Volvo, to reach Mangalore. Though I had visited the place a few times, the names of the areas are something that I just cannot get around with. I had to book a room at a lodge and am glad I had asked her to check and message me the names with the areas in which they were. In an area called Kankanady, there is a lodge named West Side Inn. Got myself a single bedroom without AC. Oh, I forgot to tell you. This is the real terrible season to visit a Coastal area. I was welcomed with heavy rain, with the gushing sound of the droplets hitting everything when they came crashing down from the skies.

In a land and place unknown to me, I preferred to stay back at the lodge until I got further instructions on what I had to do. While I was waiting, I managed to refresh myself. I was not really tired as the volvo was quite good for travelling long distances by road.

As there were not too many places to hang out in Mangalore, we decided to meet at a mall called as the 'Bharath Mall'. Luckily, Transformers 2 had released. We now had a good reason to watch it, to kill time!! As I got to the mall earlier, I picked up the tickets. Three of them. Naveera, Raveena and me. Doctor, budding engineer and an established labor respectively. Yeah you read it right!

We spent almost an hour and a half at the coffee day at the mall and spoke about almost everything under the sun. I had met my friends from school after almost 12 years. As long as that might seem to be, when we met, we felt as if school days were over just a few weeks back. I must say, that is the charm if the school days. May be that is the reason we all muss our school days so much. You know, I have met people who just end up being jealous when they get to hear their friend is probably going to get married soon. I had been wondering about that for a while now. Looks like I now have an answer for that one. Apparently people compare themselves to the one getting married and feel bad that they were not able to find someone for themselves. Well, I guessnin their case insecurity always manages to strike a win. But when I get to hear a friend of mne is probably going to get married, I sme and say to myself, "I am glad I'm jot n that race anymore".

So yes, the doctor had got a marriage proposal and she was kinda liking the guy. I was happy for her, especially after all the things that she had gone through. And this was the news she wanted to tell me. I kinda anticipated it so was not really surprised. But at the end of the discussion I was very happy for her. So without wasting much more time in the coffee day, we headed to window shop in the mall, for there was quite a while left for the movie to begin. Half an hour later we were in the cine hall waiting fir the most anticipated summer action flick from the prodution house that was seven seas across, yupp that's the Hollywood.

Almost two and half hours later, I knew one thing. Bumble Bee and Optimus Prime were everyone's favourite. Although story was not that great, action sequences were really mind blowing. Michael Bay has his way of exploding things for sure. Give him permission and he wil blow pyramids in the most coolest manner for sure. Transformers 2: rise of the fallen was a visual treat for sure, so was Megan Fox, god she is hot.

We later went for bowling.. That was fun all the wAy. To teach girls to bowl is like inventing a new element. But the joy is worth it. Raveena played few car races and I was quite surprised with her driving skills. She wl do great in Destruction Derby for sure, no doubt about it. This was followed by touch hockey, oh I love that game. We played that game for a while and then moved out.. It as time for the ladies to get back to their home, and I had to go to my room. Damn, these are the times when I wish the might lives in certain places to last all night long..

So that was the part 1 for about the trip to Mangalore.. Part 2 is more exciting!!

No comments: