Monday 13 July 2009

Amrutha's Wedding

Date: 10 July 2009
Venue: Bunt's Society Hall at Vijayanagar, Bangalore
Time: 10:45am

As I woke up with laziness filled in me, I found that I had no mood to attend the wedding. But I remember what I had told Amrutha. I remember that day when she called me and told me that her marriage got fixed and she would be gettin married in few months. I was so happy for her. For I remember how much she wanted to get married and how much struggle and more struggle her parents were putting in searching a decent groom for her. I must tell you, their efforts really pAid off!!!!

So here I am, sitting in the hall, looking at the proceedings of the wedding. I now begin to think that day whe she called mr to invite me for her engagement. I really wanted to go. But due to my work schexile I could not attend her wedding. Looking at the arrangements and importance given to every minute detail of the wedding, I am sure the engagement went very well too.

Dressed in a typical south Indian way, a saree with lot of fashionable golden jewellery, a lovely hair do that is decorated with White flowers, and the most important thing, a great smile on face, I see my friend fr my school days sitting with a man equally dressed in a typical south Indian fashion, no shirt, only a White dhothi, aa lovely White cloth with silk embroidery as a turban, and equally great smile on his face s well. In addition to that both wear a garland around their nck that just adds to the picturesque scene in this hall. The hall is filled with humdred's of people, looks like it's a fashion show for marrid woman, for most of them find marriages as a platform to display their jewellery collection as well as their clothe collection. Poor husband's of theirs. I shall cover it in some other blog but right now I happy and I will stick to happiness.

There is a saying in Indian customs. The amount of happiness in marriage, satisfaction and joy in marriage is directly proportional to the amount of people that attend the wedding. With that said, there is no doubt mind that my lovely friend will be happy. Just as I think about her future married life, I get flashes of our childhood. Those golden school days, those years that were lovely and filled us with cherishable everlasting memories. The time we had spent in school remind me of fun times, and looking at my friend with her partner for life makes me realize that life indeed has come a long way, a real long way. Although we did come a long way, one fact remains and for my friend, the journey has just begun.

This one is to you my friend.

Wish you both a very happy, fun filled, roller coaster ride like, a dream like and enriching married life..

2 comments:

Amy said...

Heyy Mithun... u made my day..... Also,u proved to be a great blogger. Nice subtle description of the marriage hall and groom's and bride's traditional outfit.
So... wen am I going to blog ur wedding day buddy ??????? :0

Mithun Ivalkar said...

that aint happening any time soon.. :o) not unless you find me one :P