Saturday 23 October 2010

White with a tinge of Blue

When I began to fall asleep, somehow, of all the colors, I see White. I turn around, I see white. I look above me, below my feet, left to me, right to me, front as well as back. All I see is White. Radiating in purity. It was as though I was walking in a realm of bright White. For a quick moment, I thought the light in the room was not switched off. So I wake up, but as I open my eyes, I see darkness around. It was 04:15 AM. I increase the speed of the rotating fan, to rotate faster. As I close my eyes, the White-ness comes back at me again. With hesitance to continue and second thoughts of opening my eyes, a thought comes to my mind, to just continue and see what happens.

As I continue to lay down asleep, my heartbeat which in the beginning was fast paced, started calming down. After a quick moment, it was at ease. Some sense of relief, calmness surrounding and peace oozing out of consciousness. There sure is some kind of bliss in the color White. Although, one thought continued to keep popping up. Why am I seeing White everywhere? Like an echo, this thought kept pecking my thinking. And as this continued, I saw a dot. Very mild one.

Pecking question in my thinking was now replaced by curiosity. What is this dot? I saw it growing bigger and bigger. Bigger and bigger it grew. And as it grew bigger and bigger, the color became distinctive. Blue. The one that makes the clear sky look beautiful. The more bigger the blue appeared to become, the more clearer I could see what it was. As it became more clearer, I saw it was a person dressed in Blue, that was coming towards me.

I began looking at the person. As I noticed, it was a girl, in a beautiful Blue gown. In her hands, I saw something White in color. She came closer. As she came closer, I saw that she had White flowers in her hand. She was smiling. The smile that a girl has when she is about to meet her beloved. The flowers she had in her hands were the flowers she loved the most. Something that I have always loved too. 12. There were 12 of them in the bunch. Her smile, so prudent as she was. As I could now see her clearly, and her smile, heart that was at ease, now began pounding in symphony, perhaps, a million violins were being played just for that moment.

She came to me, and gave me a hug, lasting few seconds, followed by giving the flowers to me. ( I for once never wondered why would she give me flowers!). Her smile, it was something that I would do anything for it to last forever. Perhaps, everything that I have done until now, it was for that smile, the one that lasts from one cheek to the other, a proud natural jewel she had, an asset that was precious than anything I had ever come across. She leaned towards me, and said, "All in due time.."

All in due time.. All in due time.. All in due time.. Like an echo that went into silence, the words repeated few times before there was silence. I saw her there, right in front of me, smiling in joy.

I held her hands, pulled her towards me, kissed her on her forehead and said, "For as long as I breathe.."

And as I picture what happened next, I saw her going backwards, the way she came. In the same way. Flowers still in my hand, smile on my face, slowly went into the white oblivion. As I continued to see White all around, she began appearing fainter.

Amidst the vast White-ness, I now saw her as a tinge of Blue. And that is when I woke up. The feeling that continued to last was that of the White with a tinge of Blue.

No comments: