Thursday 8 July 2010

Movies Music and Emotions

There is a reason we all love movies and there is a reason the movie makers are such a good money makers. Sometimes, there are certain moments in my life, which when happened, I wished some lovely music played in the background, just the way it happens in the movies.

Like for example, when I am angry on someone, or pissed off at someone, I would like the Beethoven music to be playing in the background. While I walk in the dark, when no one is around, I would like for some haunting music to be played, at least that way I would get to know if a ghost really exists in life. And at times, during those instances, the ones that make love overflow in eyes, I wish certain romantic songs played too. Not to forget, during those highly entertaining and joyful periods, I wish Nakka Mukka played automatically too.

Actually, when you think about it, if you happen to notice, almost for all the kind of emotions we could possibly go through, there has been a song made about it. Thanks to India cinema, the music makes the soul rejoice in those moments, be it the loving ones or the dreaded ones, soul kinda resonates to the music. Strange, but true.

Half way through writing this post, I almost forgot the intention of me wanting to write this post. I guess that was the after effect of of listening to the music while I was writing the post. Sometimes, we tend to, actually, all the time, we tend to listen to wild songs when we are wanting to be adventurous, guys like me listen to hard rock music or real heavy metal or super fast dance track numbers from apun ka Bollywood. Now that is exactly the reason I have specific playlists on my ipod. At the start of the day, I listen to fast music, trying to set a pace for the day and as I get back to home, I listen to soothing songs, trying to calm my mechanic mind.

It is just amazing how our mind finds the song to suit our mood. I wish there was a picture on how mind finds the song, I am sure it is that gland that's present in the skull. Few hours back, I was going through some thoughts that kind of made me emotionally unstable, yepp, I was emotionally unstable and all of a sudden, I remembered the song and searched for it in my ipod. Could not find it and I began growing restless. I knew it was there on it. I wondered how come I could not find it. Just to cross check, I checked my mobile and see if it was there on the memory card and to be elated joy, I found it. Five minutes later, I was all relaxed. Now I wish I could say what the song was, but if I did, then there would be no joy.

Not really sure how others are but somehow, I have gotten used to music to calm the storm within me under certain circumstances.

Aah music, you are one of the very vital parts of my existence.

No comments: